Feeling Calm in Chaos
Feeling calm amidst the chaos of life can be a challenging feat, but it’s not impossible. In fact, with a few simple strategies, you can learn to cultivate a sense of inner peace and serenity even in the face of stress and uncertainty. Here are some tips that can help:
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is the practice of being fully present in the moment, without judgment or distraction. This can help you gain a sense of clarity and calm, even the midst of a busy and stressful day. There are many ways to practice mindfulness, such as through meditation, yoga or simply paying attention to your breathing.
- Get organised: Having a clear and organised routine can help you feel more in control of your life, even when things are chaotic. Make a to-do list, schedule in breaks and prioritise self-care.
- Connect with nature: Spending time in nature can help you reconnect with the present moment and feel calmer and more centred. Whether it’s a walk in the park, a hike in the mountains, or just sitting quietly in your garden, nature has a way of helping you slow down and find inner peace.
- Practice gratitude: Focusing on what you’re thankful for can help you shift your perspective from what’s wrong in your life to what’s right; Keep a gratitude journal and make it a habit to reflect on what you’re grateful for each day.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise is a powerful way to reduce stress and improve mental health. Whether it’s going for a run, practising yoga, or lifting weights, incorporating physical activity into your daily routine can help you feel more calm and centred.
- Natural Essences: Use a natural flower or crystal essence, like Inner Calm Essence, Bottlebrush (red) or Chamomile flower essences to help create feelings of calm. Click here to see a selection of natural essences. (This is an affiliate link, if you decide to make a purchase be sure to use code INNERBALANCE at checkout to receive a 10% discount – I receive a small commission on any purchases too).
- Seek support: Surrounding yourself with a supportive network of friends and family can help you feel more connected and grounded, even in the midst of chaos. Reach out to people you trust and confide in them about what you’re going through.
By incorporating these strategies into your daily life, you can develop the skills to remain calm and centred, even when things are chaotic. Remember, peace and serenity are states of mind that you can cultivate, no matter what’s happening around you.
If you’d like further support contact Gilly to find out how you can work with her to help you achieve a greater sense of inner calm.
Leave a Comment